Skip to content Skip to navigation


Important Notice about Visa/Residence Permit

1.Please pay close attention to the valid date of your visa or residence permit. If you have a certificate for extending visa or residence permit, please go to the Exit & Entry Administration of Nanjing Public Security Bureau in time. If you don’t have it and your visa will be invalid soon, please go to office 112 to get documents as soon as possible.          

Address of Nanjing Public Security Bureau: No.173, Baixia Road.

Tel.: 84420005.

2. Students holding X1 visa shall go through residential formalities within 30 days since the date of entry.  Students holding L, M visa or other short visa shall apply for residence permit as soon as possible.

3. Foreigners who reside in China illegally shall be given a warning; where circumstances are serious, they shall be imposed with a fine of RMB 500yuan per day, with a cap of RMB 10,000yuan in total, or be detained for not less than five days but not more than 15 days.

4. Accommodation Registration: A foreign student living off campus shall handle the registration formalities at the local police station within 24 hours of taking residence.

5. You can ask teachers in Office 112, Building 200 if you have any question about visa, residence permit and accommodation registration.

International College for Chinese Studies